I have the issue with adoption in my file. My father
is adopted, and has gone by his adopted surname all
his life. It is the name I was given at birth as well.

HOWEVER, he was not legally adopted until he was 16
years old.

I have him properly entered in my file, linked to his
biological mother and father, with the surname Morgan.

Four years later his biological mother remarried, and
he became the stepson of surname Kaylor.

Twelve years later he was legally adopted and became
surname Kaylor.

All of my reports, when I connect him to surname
Kaylor as adopted list him twice, once as biological
Morgan child of Morgan and Allen, and then as adopted
Morgan child of Kaylor and Allen.

It does not look right on the reports, and there is no
option that I have found to change his Surname while
preserving the previous one.

To clarify, I have BOTH of my father's Surname
families in my file- at least three generations on
both Morgan and Kaylor surname, as I am doing the
history on both names, and he has siblings in both
families.

I'd like them to both show up in my reports and files.

---------------

I have this exact same problem for my exhusband, whom
is also adopted, and the father of my two children.
Very, very little is known about his biological
mother, and absolutely nothing on his bio father.
HOWEVER, due to medical reasons, I need to preserve
what little I do know for history's sake, and for
future reference for my children.

Any advice on fixes or work arounds for this issue in
Legacy?

Jess M

Jess M
Proud to be Single Mom to