That is a very good question.  I will be watching this thread.  We have a
family friend that is very similar.  I would like to include her in my
research.

Jane

From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (please note my new email)
Visit my websites:  www.wmwebmasters.com and www.jftwd.com
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jess M
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 2:30 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Important individuals to your file with no direct family
tie

I am abounding with issues today! ugh.

How do you all incorporate individuals that have no
blood or family tie to your family, but yet hold
significant value to your files?

I have a gentleman that has been with our family since
the 1940's, yet is not related to us in any way.
When my mother's father passed in 1968, he stepped in
and helped my grandmother raise the remaining three
kids at home, as well as tended to her daily until her
death this past January. They were NOT engaged in a
relationship outside friendship, they did not reside
in the same home, etc.
This gentleman was the best friend of my grandfather.

Family consensus is that he MUST be included in the
book I am working to put together, yet I haven't found
a way yet to incorporate him into the reports since he
is not directly linked to us in any way. (He even had
a family of his own for quite a few years.)

Is there a work around for this?

My final thoughts on it are to export my family
reports and then his report specifically to either
word or PDF documents, and then combine them outside
the Legacy system.
I would, however, like to find a way to link him in
the system, so that it will be intact during file
sharing or future reports.

Thoughts?
Jess M

Jess M