To: "Legacy Software" <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 5:58 AM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Editing Locations

Good day,

I have been given a huge Legacy file containing over 10,000 names.
Some of this is relative to me, much not. But it does need tidying up,
as all the detail for each person's BDM is in the Location List,
any thoughts on how do this apart from cut and paste!!!! would be
most welcome. I have been using "Search and Replace" to remove
and correct some entries, plus the "Non Location Option" to put
some of it in the events and general notes, but now stuck with this:

i.e.:- "born on  23 May  1745 in Dulverton House, Engl. 3rd son
& heir , (date of baptism unknown)"
or:-
"date of marriage Licence in Exeter, married in Taunton, Engl.
(17 Sep 1768)"
or:-
"died in France, buried there, will date  Mar 1782"

0r:- Date Baptised 5 January 1658/9 At Newton St Cyres A Minor
in 1676,

There are hundreds of "locations" starting with "Date baptised", buried
or married.

Your thought on how to tackle this would be most welcome.
Thank you.

Best Wishes, Chris
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
14:55