-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Daily
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 12:01 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Date Format Importance

I would like to comment on the state abbreviation usage. I am just about
finished editing 300 pages of a Legacy generated descendants report, and I
had to search and replace all the usages of the two-letter state
abbreviations which were part of my short locations list! Genealogy books
are recommended to not use abbreviations, but if you need to they suggest
the older style (which I found on this web site
http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000057.htm ). So I use the older style in
the list of children below each main entry, and spell out the locations
elsewhere.

The two letter abbreviations were fine for small reports emailed to cousins,
but for a work of this caliber, it just was not good, and has been a waste
of my time fixing. So learn from my lesson! ;-)

Susan Daily

On 11/19/07, Gary Templeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Whatever format you choose, I would still suggest not using state
> abreviations. The least potential for confusion is to always spell it
> out completely.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:15 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.