You are accurate in your note. Legacy does not
currently sort by date, so your move to Excel was the
way to go. I have done it in the past, but I don't
understand part of what you wrote.
How I do it is, Go to Search, using search list,
create the various columns (as you seem to have done),
go to print, for testing purposes, chose to print to
Screen/Printer, and check Preview. When it looks
correct, THEN order the CVS choice and save it to a
file name.
I am not sure which part you missed, but you might
make sure you do the parsing? on the first data line,
instead of the first line. I did this wrong in the
past, but that was years ago. If you need more help,
send to me private if you wish.
Rich in LA CA
--- Angela Gabbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I need help generating a report and have it sort by
> date of birth.> I have tagged all of my individuals
and gone to list
> report options and set
> all of my columns. ( I have the individual's name,
> father , mother and date
> of birth)
> At this point I am stuck.  the report is
> alphabetically per individual's
> last name.  I would like it sorted by date (YEAR) of
> birth.> How do I do this?  I have tried in Legacy
and also
> saved file as a CSV and
> copied data into EXCEL( ver. 2007).  In EXCEL though
> there is an import
> wizard but all that shows up as data is "Version
> 5.0.2 Index Report     2.09
> 2.09 (etc) Arial Arial (etc)  which is actual my
> column widths and font
> selection.  No actual data (names, dates) are
> showing in EXCEL.> What am I doing wrong ?   Is it
something in Legacy
> or EXCEL?> (Print preview in Legacy shows the report
just how I
> want it except that I
> want it sorted on the date)> Thanks for all of your
help in advance!