I put "family traditions" in the Notes of the primary person involved;
i.e., Grandma talked about traveling from Georgia to Alabama in a covered
wagon, so the story is in her general notes.  Because of her birth date,
we know that her stories of the trip were actually what her older siblings
or parents had told her as she was less than a year old when they moved -
and that's also in the notes (born 1899, in GA census in 1900).

Another possibility would be to have a "Family Tradition" event so you can
customize the format of the text in reports.

John