This is a really nice feature in v7, Meg. My maternal grandmother was one of 14 siblings, too. It was such a pain to have to be forever scrolling down to get to those last four. But not anymore! I chose "best fit" in the options for children's columns and now Grandmother's sibs show up in three side-by-side columns. The families with just one kid (or up to five) show up in one column; those with 6-10 have two columns. Makes it lots easier to navigate and looks very neat and tidy.

Penny

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meg Greenwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 10:20 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Slots for number of children

I've got an ancient version of Legacy, version 4.  Am ready to update
and have a question on version 7's ability to list the number of
children in a family.  v4 has the same number of 'slots' for every
family in the entire database.  You can change it...but the change
affects ALL the families.  I have some with upwards of 14 children which
squeezes names in a small listing, any more are on an extra tab.  Those
families with few children show mostly unecessary blank spaces.

I need to be able to show a rare few familes with 14, 15, 16 or more
children with others having only 2, 3 or 4. I need the family page
display to be sized accordingly.  Will v7 offer me this option ?  Meg
Greenwood