Hi Angela,

I've never thought about using Sources the way you have to find if people live near each other.

You could find this out by doing a search on Source Detail - possible in Legacy 7.

The Master Source templates for US Censuses are set up to have a Master Source for each County - Far too many Master Sources for me who likes one per year. Though from memory you can leave out the location information for the Master Source and have one per year. Sorry I'm not sure how that flows through in Source Detail as I don't work with US Censuses.

You can't scroll through the Master Source list and get access to the detail except by going to the individuals using it.

You can print (to PDF) a Source Citation report and scroll through that. I'd tag the relevant 1860 Census Master Source or Sources and print a report on that with full citation details included.

Jumping from a Master Source for every household to one Master Source for the year is a big jump and you may want to use the Source Template as designed to have a Master Source for each relevant county in the US.

Cathy