Finally found time to go back to FamilySearchIndexing and - while
reviewing the guidelines - I found this:

Punctuation
In order to create consistency and to help with arbitration, please
follow these guidelines for indexing punctuation:

Do not type periods, commas, or semicolons after initials or
abbreviations for either names or event places.

Use the following punctuation when it is normally part of a name,
place, or phrase:

Hyphen. For example, in names such as Wilson-Gaston, or in a
relationship such as daughter-in-law.

Apostrophe. For example, in a name such as O'Farrell.

I KNEW I had read (somewhere) to not place the period after an initial.

Opinions/Ideas?

Keith

--
Surnames: McKain, Horn, Riale, Ulrich, Erisman, Leiphart, Reed and Henry

Website: http://home.comcast.net/~geosci64
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
McCain-McKane-O'Kane DNA Group 1