Penny wrote
So, while I agree that consistently omitting full stops on letters that are actually names rather than initials is a good idea - in this case it wouldn't be entirely accurate, imo. How would you handle this case?

What I would do is enter his name as R L Corley on the Individual's Information page, with Bob Corley as an AKA. Then I would quote the name *as it was written* in the original, when Sourcing. So the citation using his Birth Certificate would read "Birth Certificate of R. L. Corley ..." and a citation using perhaps a letter from a business colleague might include "... to Bob Corley..."

For total clarification you might include in the General Notes something along the lines of "R L Corley is his full name, not just initials of his forename and middle name."
--
Jenny M Benson