If you have someone who is born of an illegitimate relationship then if you
just made them private their name could be revealed because of other members
of the family who are visible - in the past deceased parents, children or
spouses of a private or hidden Living person will be visible.

Martin Briscoe
Fort William
M&LFHS | Gwynedd FHS