To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy bugs

On second thoughts, Ruth, you're making me nervous. If I followed my own instructions and got lost, I could dig myself out. You I'm not so sure about. Sherry offered instructions for going back to v.6. Ask her for them. They probably know things about this I don't.
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

JLB wrote:

If you are seriously thinking of going back to v.6 making reports of every kind is a hard way of going about it. Make a copy of your entire Legacy7 folder on another drive, even if it's just a flash-drive. Make two backups if you have somewhere to put them. Just right click on the Legacy folder and click Send To and pick a place. Boom, done. Now, some-one just wrote to say that you can't have both versions unless you install them chronologically. ie. v.6, then v.7. Otherwise you risk overwriting dll's with earlier versions. Could be true. Who knows? So, first uninstall v.7, then install v.6 and then install v.7 back if you want to. If you're only going to install v.6 and don't care about v.7 right now I would say just install v.6. If it 'breaks' v.7 you don't care, right? It's already broken. But it might get fixed someday. This would be /*after */you copy your Legacy7 folder somewheres and after you export a gedcom of it. That way, you can still reinstall v.7 if you have to and overwrite the directory with your backup folder and be right back where you were.

Good question: who the heck is Harold?
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Ruth Nerud wrote:

This gets stranger and stranger. Preparing to move from Ver.7 to Ver. 6 (have you ever heard of such a dumb thing, going backwards?) I am printing every report I can think of just in case I lose my data files. I created an Event Report in .pdf. Some of my Events say Harold's Marriage Notes, etc. Who the heck is Harold? It should say just Marriage Notes, and then what I typed for that event. Don't know who's Harold but I found 90 references to Harold before I stopped counting.

Ruth