I decided to go to bed but I'm up now. Well, sounds like I should wait a few days and see if an upgrade is released. I know I'll lose anything I've added in these last 3 months, but I'm willing to take that chance. Kind of the reason I created all the reports I did. I can compare Ver. 7 data with Ver. 6 data and hopefully add what I've lost.

Art, sorry this isn't your cup of tea, but what are genealogy programs for if they aren't to produce a written copy for our offspring. Once I'm gone, and by the way I'm a really old lady, my computer will be trashed and there goes all my family history, but if it's in hard copy on a shelf, someone may pick it up and say - gosh, look what Ruth did, how kind of her!

Ruth
----- Original Message ----- From: "JLB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:16 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy bugs

It's gotten a little too quiet over at Ruth's house. There's no point restoring the version 6 backup at all since she'd lose all the work she's added to version 7. She has to install v.6 and she has to make a gedcom from v.7. I think it's the latter she's trying to avoid. (NO, don't cut the green wire...) Ruth, are you there?
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

GeoSci wrote:
JL,
  You said:
Ruth,

You can't restore your backup files from v.6 into your installation of
v.7.  I believe that is what everyone who did the upgrade did -
right??  Now - I agree is revert to v6 you need to install it and
restore there - but ................

Keith
-----