This is getting slightly off topic but since it does directly affect Legacy
users that are trying to upload web pages, here is one more shot at things
to remember:

1. Your upload speed is not affected by choice of operating systems; Vista
or XP have no effect on your upload speed.
2. Your upload speed is not significantly affected by your amount of RAM
(unless you are so underspec but then you'd notice problems with just
running any programs. For the average system, adding additional RAM will not
increase your upload speed.
3. Your upload speed is not significantly affected by your brand of
computer.
4. Your upload speed is not defined by merely saying cable modem, DSL,
satellite, etc, all of which are loosely defined as "broadband" but
bandwidth can and does vary widely. Some cable modem connections are only
768K while others are up to 18Mbps (that's over 23 times faster).
5. A dirty little secret of your Internet Service Provider is that your
upload speed is almost always severely reduced over what your download speed
is supposed to be.
6. Another dirty little secret of your Internet Service Provider is that
your up/download speed is not "guaranteed" but rather sold to you as "up to
X Mbps". Your results may vary....and they will.
7. The speed and efficiency of the server to which you are uploading will
affect the time it takes you to transfer files. Normally, it isn't much of a
factor unless you are using AOL, etc.

If you don't know for sure, call and ask your ISP exactly what speed package
you are paying for: you need two numbers as an answer. For example, a
typical answer might be "3 Meg down and 256K up". Note that in this example
it's the 256K upload speed which determines how long it takes for you to
upload web pages.

Finally (and really getting off topic now), if you are still having long
delays uploading web pages, go here to test your ACTUAL speed as opposed to
what you are paying for:
http://www.speedtest.net/

Brian in CA