I am confused about the advantages (or disadvantages) of attaching documents
instead of image files.

For example, I have some naturalization records saved as jpgs, and others as
pdfs. I like that the documents come up in the picture gallery because I think
it is almost as exciting to see a census record from 1910 as it is to see a
picture from that year. But multi-page documents must have multiple images
instead of one single file which makes it awkward. And I understand that the
documents cannot be included in a report.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to solve this dilemma?

Thanks from a newbie,
Suzanne