From: Mary LeClerc [mailto:quiltingm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:33 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] uploading trees to Ancestry

I uploaded my husband's family tree to Ancestry and was disappointed (to put it
mildly) that none of the event notes were included.  I know that general notes
are private but wasn't expecting that to be the case with event notes.  In fact
they aren't even private..they simply aren't there.  I have a ton of
information in the notes portion of various events like obituary, occupation,
etc. Did I do something wrong, or does Ancestry simply not accept that
information field?  Overall, I'm very unhappy with the way Ancestry deals with
uploaded information and I'm reminded why I've resisted putting my trees there
for so many years.  I only did it now for the facilitation of research. That
part is great, but being a confirmed Legacy user, and unable to sync the online
tree, I guess I won't bother storing much information online..just bare bones.

--

Mary L.