That is one upgrade I won’t be subscribing to very quickly – just imagine all
the bugs and data integrity issues …

C.G. Ouimet

Kingston ON

From: Orinda Spence [mailto:crazypie...@gmail.com]
Sent: December 26, 2013 02:10 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Same Sex Partnerships/Marriages

I would vote for the same sex, relationship provision.   Just to include
everyone in one's family tree.

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM, grayscot2 <graysc...@gmail.com> wrote:

        I'd like to up the count for including provisions for same sex
marriage, "significant others", poly-amorous, etc.

        But also, switching to a different underlying database program.
Anything so fragile as to need constant check/repairs is far too fragile.  I've
used Dbase3, Visual Fox Pro and a number of free-form databases that never
required this.  Zoot for instance is a free-form database PIM that is arguably
just as complex or moreso than Legacy, but I've never had to check or repair
its many separate smart databases, and in 20 years, through disk failures,
crashes, and power failures/surges that burnt out everything else, cloud sync
failures, have never lost an item.

        So if you have to re-do the program anyway--and with Utah going
same-sex marriage, you will surely have to--get a stabler database/file system.

                Pres
Prescott Smith       graysc...@gmail.com