Wendy, Thank you for such a well-reasoned reply. It stands to reason
that we should be made aware of the bugs first because where else can we
ask about them except on this list?

I think my main question is  what do I have to gain from upgrading? I
don't want to upgrade and find that all the additions are more important
for U.S. ancestors, or that I would never use any of the new features.

As an example, Address vs. Location. My ancestors get a location in
their birth,  marriage or death entries, their actual mailing address
(eg. RR#2 or Lot 5, Concession 4, XXXX township, YYYY County, Province)
are immaterial to me and are possibly entered as an Event entitled
Location, but are the least of my concerns for any person. The only
street addresses I have are for living people who should be recorded in
my e-mail program instead, when I get around to it.

I'm afraid I'm going to be like another member here who regretted
upgrading. At the moment until I'm convinced otherwise, I don't see the
point, bugs or no bugs. Can't anyone give me a solid reason to upgrade?

And as I said before, I haven't found any bugs in the various V.7s that
affect the way I operate the program.

Helen