Ted,
That should be the preferred way of doing it. I have this for one of my master
sources:

Using Source Writer template Cemetery records>Grave markers, plaques,
tombstones, monumental inscriptions>Grave markers, urban or the rural

Michigan, St. Joseph, Constantine - Constantine Township Cemetery Headstones

Footnote/Endnote Citation:
Constantine Township Cemetery (Constantine, Saint Joseph County, Michigan).

Subsequent Citation:
Constantine Township Cemetery (Constantine, Michigan).

Bibliography:
Constantine Township Cemetery (Constantine, Saint Joseph County, Michigan).
Grave markers.

I create a repository for the cemetery and use that as the repository of the
source. If you have an image of the cemetery or map of the cemetery you can ad
that image in the repository screen also.

this is how the citation reads for an individual Ray H. Wing:

Footnote/Endnote Citation:
Constantine Township Cemetery (Constantine, Saint Joseph County, Michigan), Ray
H. Wing marker; personally read, 5 Sep 2011;
Phil. 1:21         Wing
Kittie C.                        Ray H.
1893-1968                   1892-1969
For me to live is christ and to die is gain.

Subsequent Citation:
Constantine Township Cemetery (Constantine, Michigan), Ray H. Wing marker.

Bibliography:
Constantine Township Cemetery (Constantine, Saint Joseph County, Michigan).
Grave markers.

FYI
I put the transcription in the Text area with a blank line as the first line so
that there is a carriage return after the semi colon otherwise the first line
appears right after it. I would put any other special info like the condition
of the grave marker in the Comment section.