Ted,
I would say that the photo is the record of your personally read headstone, and
the cemetery is the source and/or the repository of those headstones.

From: Poppke Genealogy
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:16 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Question - Cemetery or Tombstone as the source?

Graham,

Thank you.  I considered this approach.

My concern is;

If I take a couple of photos of a monument, say to get a closer shot of each
spouse, do I end up having a bunch of sources, say Pic01.jpg, Pic02.jpg, and
Pic03.jpg?  Are individual photos my sources, or is the collection of photos
gathered together from one cemetery trip and stored together (digitally) my
source?

If I went this route, I would cite my source as a "photo album" of tombstone
photos and have a photo album for each cemetery.  That is how I store them now.

My hierarchy on my storage drive is Country - State - County - City - Cemetery
Name - Date

I believe that photos are just a method of transcription.  They can limit some
types of errors.

Thanks,

Ted