I have just now upgraded to 8.0.0.414 Deluxe from 6.x Deluxe. I'm not
loving it yet and that's putting it lightly. The only serious
difference I see is visual, which to me matters least. What I was
hoping for was better function. Such as typing in Dekalb as a location
and getting a list of everything (in my Locations list) with the word
Dekalb in it. I was greatly disappointed to see that this still hasn't
been fixed. I cannot fathom why.

Not to mention, that I have gotten more error messages today (my first
day with 8) than I ever did the entire time I've been using previous
Legacy versions... which is about .. I don't know... a lot of years.

Anyway, that's not why I'm here. I'm here because I wanted to see if
anyone else has had problems with the custom toolbar. I spent a great
deal of time figuring out what it was that I wanted and didn't want.
Satisfied, I went to make a simple edit (I was citing a Master Source
for a Residence) in my file. I got an error message, the software
crashed and my toolbar disappeared into thin air. *poof!*

Is this the kind of thing that I have to look forward to now? Tons of
glitches and it not remembering anything? I'm GREATLY disappointed and
am thankful that I didn't uninstall 6.x. I'm also greatly disturbed
that I paid so much for a glitchy upgrade.

If the only enhancements are visual, because clearly other new
features are buggy, then I don't really see the point of the upgrade.

So! Has anyone else had this problem?
How can we fix this to make it the better software again?

TIA!

Cindy Lloyd