Hi Cindy,

There's always a learning curve for upgraded software but if you
persist you'll find that Legacy 8 is a lot more than a cosmetic change.

Legacy 8 doesn't often crash but you likely lost your Toolbar
customisation in a crash because some changes are only locked in when you exit.

Make them again and close and reopen Legacy and they should survive any crash.

Note a crash usually comes with a specific error message and the Help
Centre section of the Legacy website has extensive information on
various errors.
If you can't find your particular error or understand the offered
solution. Contact Support.

Legacy 8 in normal use hasn't crashed for me for ages. I'm also a
beta tester so I do get crashes when testing the beta version of
course - but even then not often.

RE your specific complaint about typing in Dekalb and expecting a
list of all locations with Dekalb in them - that's never been how
Legacy works so there's no point asking for a fix. You are asking for
an enhancement. You may want to spell out more clearly what you are
wanting and put it in as a suggestion. I think I know what you mean
but I'm not sure. I think you are saying that when in the Location
List, you want to be able to type any part of a location and see a
list of locations with that word in. Currently you have to type in
the order the list is sorted. Once you've found one, you should be
able to bring other locations in the same place together. But I don't
know about your example. That's a location I've never heard of and I
see, for a start, you're going to have to decide whether you want the
one in Georgia or Illinois.

You can sort the location list in a variety of ways depending on how
you enter your locations and bring all locations with Dekalb in them
together in the list. I do it by sorting the list right to left as I
don't stick to 4 field location entry.

Cathy