I don't know of any program using roles, that have a master list. I.E.
TMG doesn't, RootsMagic doesn't and Legacy doesn't.  All of these
programs require that you create new roles for each event. Roles used in
a census event may not necessarily apply to another event.  If you
maintained a master list, the list could become unweidly very quick.

Ron Bernier