It would be fairly straight forward.  A table of roles with links to the Event
Definitions table such that each role would be related to the particular event
type.  There could be duplicate roles in the table if a specific role was used
in multiple events.  Or the roles could be un-connected from the event types
and allow the user to decide how and when a role is linked.  A master table for
roles can not possibly be any more complex than trying to have a separate role
for every individual connected to a shared event.  This is the same logic for
having master lists of locations, sources, surnames, etc.  A relational
database is designed to minimize duplicate entries and standardize how
information is connected.  The idea that other programs haven't developed a
Roles table does not mean that no one should do it.  Or maybe we have to wait
for others to do it first so it is acceptable.  Locations handled the way they
were in PAF was unweidly.  A master list simplifies things.

     On Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:18 AM, Denise Moss-Fritch