Charles and Cathy,
The problem with the script errors is a known issue (#5299) and it has been
assigned to a programmer to be fixed.  The fix will appear in a future update
but there is no way to know exactly when that will be.

You will only get this error on the Preliminary Survey tab.  I will tell you
that part of the problem is FamilySearch.  Their website is not fully
compatible with Internet Explorer.  Here is a quote from their website,

        “According to the Engineering Division, we're not fully supported by
Internet Explorer (May 2013).”

Now about the Ancestral file.  The Ancestral File is still available as is the
Pedigree Resource File.  Here is a direct link to it on FamilySearch
https://familysearch.org/family-trees  I updated the Research Guidance so the
link to these files is now correct.

When you access it through Legacy you can click through the script errors (keep
hitting yes) and the website will pop up.  If you do access it through Legacy
you will then be able to mark the task completed and Legacy will populate the
date that you last searched.

Michele
Technical Support
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com