Not uncommon. I have two couples in my file that were married twice - one
got married to his second wife before the divorce was finalized with his
first wife and had to remarry the 2nd one after the divorce finalized, and
the other couple had a small private wedding and then a year later had a
larger wedding - her dream wedding at Disney World!

We have a friend who divorced and he and his wife later remarried.

S.