*From:* LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> on
behalf of Margaret Turner <mgroga...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:25:56 PM
*To:* Legacy User Group
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] How to query in 7.5
If you are willing to plunge into the world of SQL !!!
I am of no help in SQL :(
here is a working example from Ltools (now free) which works only in
Legacy 7 (hence my dependence on 7.5) http://zippersoftware.com/wp/
====
Finding persons died under age 15
SELECT IDIR, BirthD, DeathD, DateValue(Mid([BirthD],5,2) & "/" &
Mid([BirthD],3,2) & "/" & Mid([BirthD],7,4)) AS BirthDate,
DateValue(Mid([DeathD],5,2) & "/" & Mid([DeathD],3,2) & "/" &
Mid([DeathD],7,4)) AS DeathDate INTO tempAges
FROM tblIR
WHERE ((IDIR<>0) AND (BirthD Like "00*") AND (DeathD Like "00*") AND
((Mid([BirthD],3,2))<>"00") AND ((Mid([BirthD],5,2))<>"00") AND
((Mid([DeathD],3,2))<>"00") AND ((Mid([DeathD],5,2))<>"00"));

I do this just to make the next query easier to read.

SELECT IDIR, BirthD, DeathD, DateDiff("yyyy",[BirthDate],[DeathDate]) AS
Age INTO tblAges FROM tempAges;
====

On 17 August 2017 at 10:11, Evelyn .. <ej1...@gmail.com