From: Jennie Matheson
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:40 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Warning about MyHeritage

John

Are you sure the email was definitely from MY Heritage not someone spoofing
their email. Sounds more like the later to me.

Jennie

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:19 PM, <johnbernac...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

  About an hour ago I received an update notice for MyHeritage software. I
clicked on the update to ensure that my computer was protected with the latest
patches. Very shortly afterward I received an email confirming a subscription
to My Heritage. I did not want it. I did not see anything asking if I wanted a
subscription. It was paid via PayPal even though I had not touched my PayPal
account.

  I had not used a MyHeritage subscription for a very long time because I did
not like MyHeritage. Their software was however still on my computer. I was
short of time and am not tech savvy so I clicked on the software update to
protect my computer from “backdoor” cyber attacks. With hindsight, it was a bit
odd because I do not recall ever receiving software update notices from
MyHeritage in the past.

  I am disgusted with MyHeritage and fear that they will eventually corrupt
Millennia / Legacy. When I have time, I will try to delete MyHeritage software
from my computer.

  Be warned!

  John