From: Julian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@mail.millenniacorp.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Linking census web pages to Legacy sources: how to
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:15:50 +0100

I use the following in Legacy (in Notes, Events, Sources):

Other person in this site: «a HREF="12666.html" target="main"»(Link to
this person)«/a»

The stuff just before "a" and at other places is critical, don't know
where it is on my keyboard, so I copy/paste it. like << and >>
Play around with these links, generate a html report and you can view
the results and click on the links to see if it works. I find linking
via a click able text to another person in the same genealogy is handy
and illustrating.

The html guru's here may be able to give more detail.

Example of links to census images can be found here:
http://isphording.info/html/genealogie/maindatabase02/5189.html

Julian

On 14/03/06, ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> I know of no other way of doing this other than the one which you are using, > with the results you are getting. However I save the census as a jpg and put
> it in Detail Source Picures so that I always have it available with out
> having to use Ancestry again.
>
> Ron Ferguson
> _______________________________________
>
> For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
> View Individual Trees
> Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/
> _______________________________________
>

> >From: "Donald A. Yarbrough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: [LegacyUG] Linking census web pages to Legacy sources: how to
> >Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:15:02 -0500
> >
> >I would like to add a link on my sources linking back to the original web
> >page were I obtained the source.
> >
> >For example, I could put a link on a census as a source linking back to the > >ancestry.com page where I obtained the census page. This same method should
> >work for any link to web content.
> >
> >I tried out one method: I copy the web address for the census page from my
> >web browser and paste it into the Comments section
> >of the source. Then to when I am later viewing the source in Legacy and
> >want
> >to see the original census, I copy and paste the address back into the
> >internet browser and I go right to the original census page.
> >
> >My question is there a more elegant solution than all the copying and
> >pasting? For example, is there a way to embed or otherwise set up a section
> >of the source with something like "click here to see original census"
> >instead of having three lines of a gibberish web page address in the
> >sources?
> >
> >And is there a way to tell Legacy that I want to engage the browser when I
> >click on the pasted links so that I do not have to manually engage the
> >browser?
> >
> >Any suggestions appreciated.
> >
> >Don Yarbrough

> The new MSN Search Toolbar now includes Desktop search!
> http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/
>

> Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp
>
> Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

Julian Isphording
http://www.isphording.info
{^^vxDAz*ǭ ZFQJޱrkhIm-V\h"n^.ށ27׫yb歆i^2}+ky(ky늖i̔ƮzXz