From: "Trent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@mail.millenniacorp.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] Saving and Citing Emails as Source
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:37:11 -0700

I am gathering a lot of information from other family members via email.  I
am curious how others are saving and citing emails as source? (Interesting
that "email" was not on the default "Master Source Type List".)

What do you put as the Master List Name, Author and Title?  Do you have any
unique way of cataloging these emails?

I just purchased Acrobat and am saving all source emails as .pdf files.  I
think this will preserve the original view of the email as much as possible.
I am also contemplating whether it is also worth copying the body of the
email text into the "Text of Source" window.   I am leaning towards yes, as
no one knows whether acrobat will be available 300 years from now. (Yes, or
whether Legacy will be either... I know... hard copy print and multiple
digital formats (.txt, .pdf and Legacy...<g>))

Thanks for any comments.

-Trent Wong

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to
Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter
online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp