Susan wrote:

> I've also heard there might be issues with capital letters. But that
> is probably more about internet files. Like David suggested, I
> wouldn't use underscores, but maybe you could use dashes instead.

Where I work, I have a Windoze XP Pro workstation.
In the lab we use all kinds of systems running different flavors of
Windzoe as well as Linuxes, Unixes, AIX and Solaris.
We also help customers who are using these OSes and others.
They send us files via e-mail and FTP.  I've never had problems
with files that used capital letters.  Nor do I know of any case
where one of my peers had problems with files named with Caps.
Same thing for using underscores and dashes.  Just about the ONLY
times we've had trouble moving files around from system to system is
when someone used a blank in the name.  The exception to this is when
somebody puts a "funny character" into a file name such as @#$%^&*.
These funny characters can mean things to various flavors of Unix and
cause strange things to happen.

                                                                     jr

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp