On 14/03/09 20:32, Ulf Möller wrote:
> OSFM is trying to get ODbL 1.0 in place as soon as possible and fix
> problems in version 1.1 later on.

The difficulty with doing that is that people who are approached about
relicensing their data might say "no, because the licence is broken in
ways X, Y and Z which were highlighted by the discussion process." Even
if the reply is "we hope to fix those in 1.1", they might say "well,
come back then, then". So what happens then? Do we remove their data or
don't we?

If we do, then that's data that was lost which wouldn't have been lost
if we got the licence right first time.

If we don't, then why are we bothering with switching OSM to 1.0 at all?
Why not just wait for the 1.1 fixed version?

Gerv