I was relying on information in this book.  Feel free to disagree with
John Forester (elsewhere), but my point applies to any unlikely event
of bad consequences which can me mitigated at low cost.

http://books.google.com/books?id=0n2t7P1v2M8C&lpg=PA25&dq=%22effective%20cycling%22%20john%20forester%20helmet%20safety&pg=PA24

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson