On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:37 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, we contributors are being treated with contempt alright, besides
> not being asked what we contributors want, since this whole thing
> started it's been nothing but dirty tricks to try and get the license
> changed.

No, JohnSmith, still you present a skewed vision.

Every time OSM contributors have been asked, they have supported ODbL
(or license change before ODbL had a name).  All the way back to SotM
Manchester. And all the way forward through polls and surveys and more
SotM conferences.  All the time, collaborative discussions and
compromise.  Every contributor will make their own choice to proceed
or not.

But still you accuse other OSM contributors of "dirty tricks".

You claim your volume of edits or gas consumption as if it were
something unusual to OpenStreetMap contributors.  But then you import
data without following the community import guidelines[1] And then you
run 'bots without following the community automated edits
guidelines[2] Not cool, JohnSmith.

OpenStreetMap - It's Fun.  It's Free.  You can Help.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits/Code_of_Conduct