On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:05 PM, David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "M?rtin Koppenhoefer"
> <dieterdre...@gmail.com>

David, what would you suggest?  Can you see a situation where
discarding the data is not required in the case of non-response?

For example, a 'bot that does nothing but fix spelling in keys,
changes Amenity to amenity, but the 'bot does not answer the mandatory
relicensing question.  Should we revert their changes back to Amenity?

As another example, a user adds one POI, perhaps their business, to
OSM and nothing else.  They never respond.  Do we remove the data?

As another example, an editor makes many mass edits around the planet,
arbitrarily changing keys/values to match their recent wiki postings,
then answers "no" to relicensing.

What do you suggest is the right answer for each of these situations?
Would your answer have universal support from the community?  Can you
create some other situations and responses that will find universal
support from the community?