>1) I am in the camp of those who don't care as long as the data is open
and free. (You can see my reasons on the wiki page when I ran for the
foundation).
>2) I don't believe that CC-BY-SA would protect the project legally

>Regarding 1), I am pragmatist, and people initially have chosen a share
alike licence and therefore it would be very difficult to switch to a PD
or an attribution licence. In any case, I >don't particularly care but I
will respect the spirit of the initial licence (i.e. SA).

>Emilie Laffray

I agree, and i want to add:

3) I don't care if anybody copies our data for any reason, because any
other

company will do the same, and possibly we will ourselves.

4) I am a pragmatist (and to some extend anarchist ;<)) in that we are
not able

and not willing to challenge any data theft in court.

5) Any license choosen conflicts with  the  OPEN  &  FREE concept, the
basis of OSM , and

the most important  reason why it became successful.

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)

P Before printing, think about the environment.

<<image001.gif>>