Hi,

On 21.07.2012 21:33, Paul Norman wrote:
CC 4.0 licenses explicitly include database rights (sec. 1 (b) of draft 1).
How will this work when 4.0 is published and CC BY-SA tiles include the
database rights?

Also an interesting question but one that would probably have to be addressed to the CC people; there are likely many works that are currently licensed under CC-BY-SA but where the database rights are not included on purpose. I cannot imagine that all these should suddenly be "upgraded" to include database rights without the rights holders having further say. That would be, to continue my example, as if CC4 were to suddenly include all patent rights, no matter if those who licensed something *had* those rights to begin with ;)

If CC4 comes out with such indiscrimante inclusion of database rights then my guess is that it will either be automatically impossible to licene Produced Works under CC, or we will have to explicitly disallow it.