Hi all,

Someone from the Travel Channel contacted me about using OpenStreetMap
tiles in an upcoming show but wanted to see if they could attribute OSM in
the ending credits rather than on the map. I was wondering if there were
any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Alyssa.

>From the original email:

Right now I’m working on a new series for the Travel Channel and we’d like
to use your maps as a basis for some GFX that would be used from time to
time in our show. Basic things that pop up now and again to help the view
at home understand where in the world we are and, when applicable, where
we’re traveling to.

In the past I’ve had no trouble following your very generous credit
guidelines but because of the nature of TV I’m hoping I can make a slight
compromise on how we credit your data. Instead of putting a on the bottom
right corner, which we have to keep open for our Travel Channel bug and
some other graphics, I’d like to give you a credit at the end of our show.
These go for about the last 30 seconds during the last scene of each
episode and will clearly state that all map data for the series was
provided by your organization.