On 4/3/06, Walt White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Cross posting.  I already sent this to LUGNET, so I apologize
for duplication.

Hello,

I have been using leJOS for many years now and thoroughly enjoy it.
Thanks to everyone for all the work that has been put into it.
I downloaded 3.0 and set up the PATH and CLASSPATH and LEJOS_HOME
per the instructions.
The compileDistribution.bat execution was successful, as was the
linkDistribution.bat execution.  But downloadDistributionCheck.bat
generates:
Tower error: write failure.

The USB light never turns on.  I can still download the firmware via
the previous leJOS code, so it's a mystery.  The previous leJOS code
has no problem writing to the tower.  I'm running WinXP.

LEJOS_HOME=c:\leJOS_3.0

PATH=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;c:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\bin;%LEJOS_HOME%\bin\;c:\program files\qbasic\qb45

CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH;.;%LEJOS_HOME%\lib\pcrcxcomm.jar;%LEJOS_HOME%\lib\classes.jar

RCXTTY=USB

Any ideas?

Walt White

Dear Walt,
       Even I had this trouble with new leJOS.... Just set the RCXTTY = usb (in lower case). I dont know why this would happen, but I think if u change somethings in the batch file, then even the uppercase should work...

But change it to lowercase and see if it works. And reply back what happened !!!

--
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

You Live by CHOICE, Not by CHANCE