On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 7:34:57 AM UTC-4 Edward K. Ream wrote:

On Sun, Jun 25, 2023 at 10:44 PM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, bookmarks and zettelkasten should work *better* than before,
provided:

- they use the *new* p.get_UNL() and
- they work with both legacy and new unls, which they should if they use
the new g.handleUnl().

The bookmark manager needs to 1) flatten the paths of nested nodes (to
provide labels like "software/python/frameworks")  and 2) make each step of
those flattened labels clickable so that a user can navigate to their
node.  Gnxs can't provide that capability, whether or not they are called
"new style unls".  Pre-change unls, OTOH, are ideal and require almost no
tinkering with to achieve those requirements.  If Leo won't support those
capabilities, the the bookmarks manager needs to compute the equivalent,
and the obsoleted Leo methods already do that.  So it's easier for me to
use them than to re-create their capability from scratch.

The zettelkasten machinery runs on gnxs and should be less affected if at
all.  But I have a host of nodes that include unl links to other outlines,
and none of those links would work any more.  Some supporting commands do
things like getting the unl of a node and copying it to the clipboard.
Maybe those would still work, maybe they wouldn't.  I'll have to see.