On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 1:29:24 PM UTC-4 Edward K. Ream wrote:

On Sun, Jun 25, 2023 at 7:51 AM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Remove support for cross-file UNLs" -  WTF??? This will break some of my
scripts.  How are we going to navigate to other outlines by UNL?  Wasn't
that half of the point of having UNLs in the first place?

This conversation is likely out of date:

1.I was probably thinking that g.findUNL (the legacy unl-finding function)
might return a position in another outline. To my knowledge, that has never
been true.

Yes it has.  Here's the docstring from the (unreplaced) g.findUNL:

    Find and move to the unl given by the unlList in the commander c.
   Return the found position, or None.