This looks interesting and useful, thanks Thomas. I confess I rarely/never
use Leo with images, I really should experiment a little.

Recently I have been using Obsidian as a note-taking app (Joplin is
similar). Neither are as capable as Leo, in many ways, but they have their
niceties.
One that is handy when note-taking is the ability to paste *from the
clipboard*. You can setup an area (directory0 in an Obsidian 'vault' - then
'paste from clipboard' will
(a) create a unique filename within the image directory, and put the
clipboard contents in there as eg. a .png file
(b) add a (markdown) reference to the new image in the 'note' that you are
in.

It'd be nice to have something similar in Leo... ;-)

Regards, Jon N