Hi, all:
I finished all work of the LFS 7.1 book except the error when booting my LFS.

Firstly, I states my LFS 7.1.
I use VMware installed Ubuntu 10.04 on a virtual SCSI disk of 20G. Before
beginning, I add another 8G virtual SCSI disk to VM and mount it in the Ubuntu
manually. So the first disk with Ubuntu displays sda in /dev/ and the second
which is mounted newly displays sdb in /dev/. Following the book I install LFS
7.1 on the sdb1 which is formatted with ext3 on the sdb and given only one
partition. All pass with no error.
According to my disk in chapter 8.4.3 I run cmd as grub-install /dev/sdb and in
chapter 8.4.4 I save grub.cfg as follows.

# Begin /boot/grub/grub.cfg
set default=0
set timeout=5

insmod ext2
set root=(hd1,1)

menuentry "GNU/Linux, Linux 3.2.6-lfs-7.1" {
        linux   /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.6-lfs-7.1 root=/dev/sdb1 ro
}

After a few works such as logout and unmount, I reboot the computer. But it
starts up using Ubuntu again only appearing error checking of a moment.

Then I change the cmd in chapter 8.4.3 to grub-install /dev/sda and keep
grub.cfg the same and reboot again. The computer gives errors as follows and
stop starting up.

md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: Scanned 0 and added 0 devices.
md: Autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
Root-NFS: on NFS server address
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS. trying floppy.
VFS: cannot open root device "sdb1" or unknown-block(2.0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
0b00    1048575   sr0 driver: sr
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2.0)
Pid: 1. comm: swapper/0 Not tained 3.2.6 #1
Call trace:
...mount_block_root+0x141/0x1c9...mount_root...kernel_init...

I search this problem from lfs mail list and google, which says that compiling
kernel needs some SCSI driver or changing hda to sda in the grub.cfg and etc.
.I compile the kernel again with more drivers like SCSI. When I reboot again,
it is the same.

Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

Omar