Thank you all.

I had tried yesterday according to what you said and been successful to start
up the LFS7.1 system. The following shows what I did to give some references.
Then I will describe another problem in a new mail.

>________________________________
> 发件人: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
>收件人: LFS Support List <lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
>发送日期: 2012年5月26日, 星期六, 上午 5:28
>主题: Re: [lfs-support] lfs7.1 cannot boot
>
>Ken Moffat wrote:
>> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 05:07:19PM +0800, Omar wrote:
>>> ### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
>>> menuentry "GNU/Linux, Linux 3.2.6-lfs-7.1 (on /dev/sdb1)" {
>>> insmod ext2
>>> set root='(hd1,1)'
>>> search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 63a59ea4-b2dd-4ede-a506-14b8d0a951c5
>>
>>  I believe that the fs-uuid is used by grub to find a kernel.  So,
>> since you have apparently found your LFS kernel, that parameter is
>> probably correct.
>
>The search command is only used by an initrd.  For a standard LFS build,
>you can't use uuid or the search command.
>
>>   On the other hand, and for want of a better idea, please try
>> manually editing grub.cfg : copy that menuentry, give it a different
>> name in the _menuentry_ e.g. -lfs-7.1-A, and remove
>> --fs-uuid --set and the uuid.  I don't know, perhaps grub2 requires
>> a uuid.  If that is the case, try another menu entry (-B or
>> whatever).  To find the uuid for /dev/sdb1 try (in ubuntu, as root)
>> vol_id --uuid /dev/sdb.

I did this test before and after the successful startup. The search command
doesn't effect the startup, or can't be recognized by grub? It is said that I
can start it up with or without the search command when LFS had been started up
successfully and I can't do with or without  when LFS hadn't.

>>  I do note that on my machines with a shared /boot I use the same
>> fs-uuid for each of the several systems on the same disk, so I'm
>> doubtful that this is the right answer.

I want to extract LFS as an alone new system.

>You need, e.g root=/dev/sdb1, and the fs type of /dev/sb1 must be built
>into the kernel (not a module).
>
>If you are talking about ubuntu, then the search line will work, but you
>  need a initrd line too.
>
>>> linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.6-lfs-7.1 root=/dev/sdb1 ro
>
>>  And here you have started to run the ubuntu initrd.  Ubuntu kernels
>> use initrds, LFS kernels don't (we expect you to compile everything
>> needed to boot to at least runlevel 1 into the kernel, *not* as
>> modules, i.e. drivers for disks / virtual disks, and drivers for
>> filesystems that are always mounted).
>
>Yes.

Yes, the problem of this mail is just of compiling kernel. It starts up
successfully just when I compiled the kernel again. I selected the options
which contain almost all SCSI drivers, all fs drivers, especially two VMware
drivers which were mentioned by Fernando and I guess whether a bit important.
CONFIG_VMWARE_PVSCSI=y
CONFIG_VMWARE_BALLOON=y

>>  Also, by labelling the ubuntu kernel as 'lfs' you will soon confuse
>> yourself, and are very likely to confuse everyone who reads this
>> thread!
>
>LOL.  Yes.
>
>>  When a conventional system fails to finish booting, we can often
>> try adding ' init=/bin/bash' to the command line in grub.  If that
>> works, you will get a read-only root filesystem and can then step
>> through the the initscripts (everything in rcS.d, and then rc3.d if
>> you get that far).
>>
>>  Note that you *must* use a self-compiled kernel, with the correct
>> options for your virtual hardware, to do this.  Actually, I start to
>> wonder if your original problem was partly down to not including the
>> driver(s) for your virtual disks, or for the filesystems you are
>> actually using.
>
>I gets a little tricky in a virtual environment.  You have to build in
>the HW drivers as well as the fs drivers.

Yes, you are right.

>>> So! If the above all prompt that LFS 7.1 really need its own
>>> initrd.img. I don't know how to generate it now because lfs7.1 book
>>> doesn't contain the content. I'll search and have some other tries.
>
>>  No, ubuntu needs an initrd, and that has to match the kernel.  We
>> don't use them.

Yes, LFS don't need initrd.