On 11/10/2012 07:14 AM, Prabhu wrote:
> (5.5.1 Installation of cross GCC)
>
> I successfully compiled Binutilities, then I untared the GCC. In GCC
> folder I done the following steps
>
> *tar -Jxf ../mpfr-3.1.1.tar.xz
> mv -v mpfr-3.1.1 mpfr
> tar -Jxf ../gmp-5.0.5.tar.xz
> mv -v gmp-5.0.5 gmp
> tar -zxf ../mpc-1.0.tar.gz
> mv -v mpc-1.0 mpc*
>
> Now the final step is to compile GCC by *make *command, at this point of
> time it got compiled for 10 mins and then it was showing an error
> message that *
>
> *checking for MPFR... no*
> *configure: error: libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI (including
> static vs shared).*
> *make[1]: *** [configure-mpc] Error 1*
> *make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/test/sources/gcc-build'*
> *make: *** [all] Error 2*
>
>     please let me know where I failed. I tried almost 4 times from the
>     starting, its keep on failing me in same stage.
>
>     With Regards...
>              PRABHU :)

Everything you did looks correct, or at least done in the right order -
you did unpack mpfr in the gcc source dir, so that should work fine.
However, everything you pasted seems as if you just copied from the book
into the email - perhaps there's something you're doing when actually
inputting the command. Can you verify by checking your exact commands
from your command history? Pasting the contents of
gcc-build/mpc/config.log may also help.