On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 09:42:50PM +0200, Nicolas Noble wrote:

> > Its to get a shell.
> > The point is to use the shell job management.

> Don't forget that there is a built-in job management into lftp: you can
> start multiple downloads, stop each of them using <Ctrl>-Z (that's why
> you can't CTRL-Z lftp: it catch the signal for this feature) and resume
> each of them using 'wait' or 'fg'. (by default, in lftp, when you CTRL-Z a
> download, it goes on background, it doesn't freeze)

though the only program known to me that does not respond to C-z is pine
(you can turn it off/on there afaik) and so the behaviour of lftp is a bit
unusual, i think in the shell-like way of using lftp, the actual
situation is quite good. of course an option to enable/disable it would
be worth an idea.
e.g.:
set suspend-mode X
0.. as it is
1.. responds to C-z

btw, there's also the command "suspend" in lftp :)

regards,
        wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> [EMAIL PROTECTED]