I love what they say in the videos. The videos are very well done and immediately put you at ease. I have dealt with Phil's products for a very long time, and I would trust that what he says is true as far as he knows about this product.

However, open scrutiny of the code is the only way to truly know it's hostile environment safe. To have the programmer community pour over the code and test it six ways to Sunday. Not only by the developers themselves. As good as Phil and the other developers are, it almost always takes a fresh eye to pour over code to put it through tests even the developers haven't foreseen.

Even when code is supposedly closed, it will ultimately be cracked, and then the vulnerabilities will be known but to the bad guys only.

I would like to have seen them address the question of opening up the code to the community for scrutiny in the videos.

And the following is also worrisome:

Google Chrome says silentcircle.com certificate is invalid and you have to click through like it is a bad site to see the site.

Firefox, says that although it is https, only part of the site is encrypted and only partially protected communication, and does not prevent eavesdropping.

Safari does not go to the site, but instead puts up box saying Safari can't verify the identity of the website 'silentcircle.com'

Interestingly enough, Opera showed it as Trusted. Go figure.

If they want people to trust their product, the site itself should be trustworthy as well, don't you think?

If someone is close with these guys, maybe you could mention this to them. I am sure they want everything to vibrate safe, secure, etc.