PS - A fellow list administrator kindly points out that I'm wrong
about the actual configuration variables.  And in that connection, I
also misrepresented what Karl was saying.  (Sorry for the added noise
and confusion.)  The actual config variables are:

  (1) Should any existing Reply-To: header found in the original message
      be stripped?  If so, this will be done regardless of whether an
      explict Reply-To: header is added by Mailman or not.

       - No
       - Yes

  (2) Where are replies to list messages directed?  Poster is
      *strongly* recommended for most mailing lists.

        - Poster
        - This list
        - Explicit address (3) _________

The meaning of these three variables is defined here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node11.html
The default and recommended settings of (1 No) and (2 Poster) leave
the sender's Reply-to headers unaltered.

My argument still stands, ofc.  The issue decided by this vote is not
the issue that was raised by Joseph and Matt.  That issue, and that
question, have yet to be discussed and voted:

> > ... It is whether to modify the sender's email headers against the
> > standard practice of mailing lists, and against the advice of
> > technical experts, and thus to infringe on the safety of the
> > sender and other subscribers.

Mike