Paul Bernal (LAW):
> None of this should be surprising, should it? It's a reasonable
> assumption that all intelligence agencies share their data on a
> pretty regular basis - certainly with 'friendly' nations, and almost
> certainly with others, on a quid pro quo basis. It's always been that
> way.

Hi,

Whenever I see this kind of response I wonder, is it a surprise that
people are robbed? Or that wars kill innocent people? Is it a surprise
that our governments spy on us? Is it a surprise that people are
sexually assaulted? It is a surprise that computers get hacked? That
bankers who pillage walk free?

I wonder though - do such people who may or may not be surprised - do
they have any other thoughts?

Would you tell a victim of the Stasi - "I'm not surprised you were
harassed!" or would you tell a friend who was beaten for being gay "I'm
not surprised you were beaten up!"

Is there a thought that comes after that lack of surprise?

One wonders if some cynical feelings might smother all other thinking.

What comes after surprise? Do you - for example - think it is wrong? Do
you - for example - want it to be this way?

All the best,
Jacob