On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 02:15:15AM +0200, André Rebentisch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> do you follow the news?
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/30/berlin-washington-cold-war
> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/eu-confronts-us-over-alleged-spying-on-european-allies/article12899295/
> http://www.dw.de/us-to-respond-to-nsa-spying-allegations/a-16916869
>
> It is huge and a strong burden on transatlantic relations, a game

Do you really think that such large scale intercepts are possible
without full knowledge and cooperation of key people in politics and
industry?

Lack of surprise to such "revelations" is quite telling.
Lack of coverage in state sponsored media also tells you
something. Lack of interest in the general population
tells you that they're getting away with it.

> changing incident. We will get a completely different Brussels
> environment for related topics.

You are kidding yourself. If you want to change things, invest into
end to end encryption and end system hardening. Cypherpunks write code.
Not laws.